One tool that I find especially helpful to me in branding and marketing my online comments and links to websites, blogposts, YouTube videos and even photos on Flickr is a plugin for WordPress called “Pretty Links”.
It has about 5 benefits that I see:
- Customizable URL Shortener
- Tracking with a Hit Counter – easily see how many, when and who clicked on your link.
- Brands the Link with Your Blog – Allows an image upload, the name of blog and your brand’s color.
- Keeps the original webpage intact, but lets you control the Title and Description of the webpage.
- Easy retweets for additional exposure – something good can go viral more easily with just the click of “share on Twitter”
Here’s a few examples of Tweets and LinkedIn Status updates I’ve posted with Pretty Links:
- What Does Tom Peters Think of Blogs? A link to my own post with Seth Godin and Tom Peters discussing the value of blogging to marketing.
- Marketing is the Referral Engine Needed to Develop New Business - a link to a great PowerPoint on SlideShare.net by DuctTape Marketing.
- Inc Magazine features Youngstown Incubator and Its Effect on Mahoning Valley in 10 Page Article - link to Inc magazine article about entrepreneurship in Youngstown — this one got 4 times my usual readership because I shared it on my networks on Facebook and LinkedIn which is filled with Northeast Ohio people, not necessarily interested in my marketing stuff.
How do you think you could use Pretty Link to help you with your company’s branding and marketing efforts?