Blogging goes hand and hand with Branding & Marketing.
1) Blogging is about building relationships
2) Blogging has a point of view
3) Blogging communicates to an audience
4) Blogging changes everyday
5) A good blog has a focus
And you can say the same about branding & marketing. They have a language all their own, you need to be consistent and on-going, it’s complex — not just a logo or a single post, and it’s personal… Corporate speak kills a blog. And branding and marketing as well. You’ve got to relate to the audience. If you are interested in starting a blog, you may be interested in visiting sites similar to Site Beginner – sitebeginner.com.
Mistakes that many make with their brand, marketing program and/or their blog:
1) Try to be all things to all people
2) Try to do it all yourself without involving others
3) Only hear yourself — Don’t listen to your audience… (In fact, the more you listen, the better you understand your focus and point of view/niche)
4) Stay the same — you’ll get old, fast!
5) Dabble here, there and everywhere. Focus helps keep you from getting scattered
In 15 Reasons Why Blogging Matters at Twist Image’s Blog, Mitch Joel explains why the concept of personal brand equals a blog.