- The anticipation of getting outside of your comfort zone is worse than actually doing it
- Your thinking and creativity improves when you get out of your usual space
- It’s not about getting agreement, it’s about starting a conversation
- Improv is easier when you’re prepared
- Generosity of the spirit is viral
5 SOB Con Takeaways from Phil Gerbyshak the Relationship Geek:
- Smiles and Hugs are powerful medicine
- Knowledge Sharing is the Life to Live
- I’m a Publisher, NOT a Blogger
- Open the door and let ’em in
- BE BOLD
2 SOB takeaways from Chris Cree of SuccessCreeations:
- Keep your customers first and your chances of success go way up
- Branding is Important (with apologies to Christine Kane)
The actions speak louder than Words Award goes to Todd And of ToddAnd.com who made the trek to SOBCon just days short of the arrival of the newest member of the family! Congratulations Dad! (Sorry I never got the photo with you & me, Mike Sansone, but I guess we needed more networking time! Here’s a nice one of you and Todd.)
3 Take aways from SOBCon ’07 from Dauwd Miracle:
- Speakers: Read my post on David Armano’s talk.
- Folks in the room: The biggest thing I took away is how much bloggers really want to help each other. It’s genuine, sincere and oft-practiced.
- Site Critique: Two major thingsâ€¦First, be really clear on who you are, what you’re doing and who you do it for. In other words, branding. Second, Pay very close attention to what “above the fold.” Your most important content should be above the fold. There’s much more, but these are two major ones.
My biggest takeaways and lessons learned? I’ve realized that I’m
writing to real people and building relationships. To me, photos help to make it real.
So I send One Big question out to everyone at SOBCon’07: What did you hope to learn, but didn’t?