David Armano of Logic+Emotion hits home with the PowerPoint presentation directed at marketers & agency executives about Web 2.0, social media and viral marketing. He posted it in preparation for his panel discussion next week at Promo Live 2007 PROMO Live, 2007 Social Media: Evolution to Execution.
In six weeks I’m presenting a social media workshop to business owners so I have been researching the topic to find recent examples and various viewpoints.
David has great insights and outstanding graphics. Take a minute to check out his 10 slide presentation on SlideShare. Gotta love the visual of the McMarketing Drive Thru Menu on slide 9!
If you have another minute, take his quiz for the Agency Executive on slide 8.
Here are my responses to his questions:
1) Do you read blogs? YES Which ones: more than 100, mostly marketing focused. Some more art, design and creativity focused.
2) Do you have a personal blog? Well, I have 3 active blogs… but they aren’t “personal”
3) Do you participate in at least one social network? Yes, right now LinkedIn & Facebook
4) Ever uploaded a video on line? Yes. What did you use it to do? Promote
5) Ever used an on line classified like Craigslist? Yes, listed a job for a graphic designer for my company 2 months ago. Check out some of the posts from time to time.
6) What’s your favorite search engine? Google because it’s popular and usually relevant.
7) Besides making calls, how else do you use your phone? reading email when I’m out of the office. Calendar and contacts. Sometimes as a minicalculator. Reminder alarm. Once in a while take a photo or video, but not much.
8)Have you ever registered a domain name? Yes, many.
9)Do you use social bookmarks or tagging? I use tagging, but don’t really like delicious or squidoo lenses (maybe that’s not a social bookmark).
10)Do you use a feed reader? Yes. Which one? Tried Bloglines and NewsGator. First I tried something a few years ago that started with a P (pulse?) that locked up my computer. Now I just use the icon on internet explorer and just click on that little star on the upper left. Not sure what that is called, but its the easiest because I don’t have to go to a website, it’s right there. I don’t like the visual layout of Bloglines. And back when I tried NewsGator it was too confusing (maybe it’s better now.) I posted earlier this month about my adventures with Feedburner (think my problem’s fixed now.)
Tag back to me with your answers — and I’ll add a link to your post here.
Update: Link to Andrew’s Punk Rock site