Everytime I turn around it seems there are more initials and terms in Internet Marketing. Here’s a few I compiled with my version of their definition.
- SEO – Search Engine Optimization – about 60 different things you can do to help your website get ranked higher in Google, Yahoo and MSN.
- SEM – Search Engine Marketing – beyond SEO – having a presence on the internet that helps convert readers into customers by moving them to action.
- E releases – electronic press releases (easier for the editor and reporter to pick up your story because it’s a simple “copy/cut/paste “and then edit for them.
- I media – internet media – beyond traditional media of newspapers, magazines, tv and radio but blogs, websites, podcasts, videocasts.
- E media – electronic media – beyond internet media to ipods and mobile media cell phones.
What terms have you recently heard or discovered?