Either way, you would find quite a bit of value from reading this review of the SOBCon ’07 (Successful and Outstanding Bloggers Conference) held May 11-12 in Chicago.
Jason Alba has an awesome review of each of the seminar offerings:
- Conference introduction by Terry Starbucker.
- Phil Gerbyshak on Ten Ways to Make it Great. What an infectious smile!
- Liz Strauss on Successful and Outstanding Blogs. You can’t help but just LOVE Liz. Her warm personal style combined with lots of wisdom is so appealing!
- David Armano on conversation by design. What an incredible speaker. You could hear a pin drop in the room!
- Podcasting 101 by Ben Yoskovitz. My takeaway: the blogs are for the readers and if they prefer to listen over read, then we owe it to them to provide audio content too.
- Rodney Rumford on what’s next in video. I like him, he really speaks from the heart.
- Andy Sernovitz, lunchtime speaker on Word of Mouth Marketing. Good stuff and thanks for the book too Andy!
- Iowa “delegates” Mike Sansone, Mike Wagner and Drew McClellan, led the breakout session of what’s working, what’s not, & what’s next that was extremely helpful.
- Chris Cree moderated the panel of some of the conference sponsors where they talked about what’s next and how to use their applications: The Good Blogs, My Blog Log, Evoca.
- Wendy Piersall (aka emom) on blogging outside our comfort zone.
- A live critique of Dawud Miracle’s blog (His blog is in transition from HealthWebDesign and is part website/part blog. Thanks for being the guinea pig, Dawud!).