What role does your logo play in branding your business? I believe the logo, icon and colors provide the face of your business.
- Is your typeface fresh or stale?
- Are the colors strong or soft?
- Does your brand logo include an icon symbol, or is it just type, initials or words?
Does your logo need a new hairstyle to freshen it up? News to trim the sideburns and add new glasses frames? What about update the colors? It’s difficult to look at your own logo without having pre-judged it.
As a business owner myself, I know the importance of strong branding to sales results. Branding reinforces every marketing effort to give your business a bigger sales impact.
How can you harness the power of consistent branding in your business to support your sales & marketing? These 3 branding rules may help:
1. Be consistent with your colors in all your marketing materials — but update when necessary. Think about the burnt orange of the 70’s — it’s almost back in style again!
2. Always use your logo and icon to visually brand your business — people remember the image longer than the words.
3. Focus on your core marketing message in every communication — stay focused!