Have you received a request to branch out to BranchOut yet?
Or become better known with BeKnown?
They are new apps on Facebook linking your friends into something that looks like LinkedIn competitors. There’s 20 employees in San Francisco and $24 million in investors behind BranchOut, while BeKnown is backed by Monster.
After getting my 8th request for BranchOut on Facebook, I decided I better figure out what this new social networking tool is all about.
After installing it a few minutes ago, here are my initial thoughts:
- It’s definitely easier to navigate and get started than LinkedIn.
- I am a bit uncomfortable linking my more personal Facebook profile to a more business oriented website
- It feels like Facebook and wants to me to invite and connect with people right away.
- I think it’s going to be a BreakOut for Facebook job seekers, but I’m not so sure about using for marketing networking yet
- And it wants me to endorse people right away.
- The profile is easier to update and complete than LinkedIn
Questions I’m already wondering:
- Will it “replace” LinkedIn, like Facebook replaced MySpace?
- Will it update my BranchOut photo profile with my Facebook profile photo if I change my photo to something more fun and less professional?
- Have you used it yet? What do you think?
- Should I try out BeKnown or is this app really only for job hunters, not marketers?
Let me know your thoughts by leaving a comment below! Thanks. And to my USA readers, Happy 4th of July!!